Hair Care In Summer: How To Do It?
How to Protect Hair in Summer?
It is the beautiful season of summer and we certainly need to take care of our hairs in this season and incorporate some hair care routine. You might be thinking why we need to protect our hairs in summers right? But you are not aware of the facts that overexposure to harmful rays of say, sweat, and humidity and make your hair damage. All these reasons can eventually damage your hair for the long term and you need to take care of hair in summers naturally in or to make your hairs stay beautiful.
Effects of The Summer Sun On Your Hair:
- Summers can make your hairs limp and lifeless because of high humidity content in the atmosphere.
- Dust and sweat contributed by summers can escalate hair issues such as dandruff, split ends, frizziness, and increased hair fall.
- Sun rays can cause dryness and sunburn.
- Washing your hairs when they are sweaty can surely increase hair fall.
- If your hairs are color treated then it may tend to fade if you stay outdoors too long.
Before considering the tips you need to incorporate in summers consider the following things:
- 1. Scalp Type – First determine which scalp type you have is it oily, dry, dandruff, itchy, combination, or any other medical condition.
- 2. Hair Type – And then determine your hair type is it straight, curly, color treated, wavy, permed, straightened or any other.
Following are the tips on how to keep hairs fresh in summers:
1. Avoid Too Many Cosmetics
Summers can bring dryness to your hair that can cause damage to them, therefore, don’t go for certain chemical hair treatments during this phase. Avoid coloring your hair as much as you can.
2. Love Your Conditioner
A Conditioner is the best option you can incorporate when your hairs are drying out. Because conditioner gives a moisture to your hair, use a rinse-out conditioner for your hairs.
3. Shampoo With Care
If you are thinking about shampooing your hair every day then it's a big NO because it can cause more harm than good. Using too much shampoo can eventually dry your scalp and hair.
Go for a mild shampoo that is good for summers.
Always remember not to shampoo your hair before going for swimming as this will rob your hair of all protective oils and will eventually make it extra vulnerable to the chemicals and salt in water.
You can use shampoo once you came out of the pool and use the one that contains ethylene tetra-acetic acid that can remove harmful effects of chlorine water you may have.
5. Avoid Heat
Sun puts too much heat on your hairs, therefore, try to avoid heat such as blow dryer and straighteners.
6. Trim Them
You may have seen split ends and dry tips during summers that are not healthy for your hairs. Summers are the ideal time for your hair to get trim as it can take care of the ends and bring back life to your hair.
7. Care For Your Color
If your hairs are color treated try to go less often in sun and try to cover your hair with the help of a hat or a scarf.