Prickly Heat Home Remedies
Summers are here and it's a particular season that brings a pleasant time of the year for many individuals yet summers are the nightmare for some who actually suffers from prickly heat that is also known as heat rash or sweat rash. If we talk about the medical term prickly heat is also known as miliaria. It is considered as the skin problem that can occur in the adult, children, and even infants.
Prickly heat usually happens to people who live in hot climatic countries where the temperature is hot and humid. The people who live in these climatic conditions can develop excessive sweating that can eventually cause the sweat glands to become blocked.
Prickly heat can appear in any part of the body while mostly affecting the neck, feet, back, feet, groin, abdomen, hands, armpits, abdomen, and upper chest. There are certain common symptoms of prickly heat such as small red round bumps, prickling sensations, mild inflammation, stinging or prickling sensations, or any rashes that itch.
Prickly heat is not much complicated as it resolves naturally as the weather conditions improve and luckily we have certain heat rash treatment. Whenever prickly heat strikes your body the first thing you need to do is to cool down your body.
Whenever you feel like prickly heat could occur in your body just take a cold shower and try to stay in an air-conditioned room that will definitely minimize the prickly sensations on your skin. Following are some of the remedies on how to treat heat rash that you can incorporate.
Following are some of the top remedies on how to get rid of heat rash:
In order to treat prickly heat, oatmeal is a great option that provides anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating and soothing properties.
- Fill a bathtub with cool water and add one cup of finely ground oatmeal on it and keep on the string it in water until it gets a milky color.
- Soak yourself in this bathtub for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Dry your body with the help of the towel and do this twice a week to get relief from prickly heat.
2. Cold Treatment
You can use this cold compress treatment on the affected areas of your body that will eventually provide relief from inflammation itching, and prickling sensations.
- Place ice cubes on the affected area of your body and let it be there for 5 to 10 minutes. Do this process for at least four to six hours for at least two or three days. By doing this cold treatment you can get prevention from the rash from getting worse and spreading further on your body.
- You can also put a cotton cloth in cold water and put on the affected area of your body and repeat this for three to four times a day.
3. Sandalwood Powder
You can incorporate sandalwood powder that has soothing properties and it is an effective home remedy to be made in order to treat rashes and prickly heat symptoms.
- For making this paste you need rose water and sandalwood powder
- Mix sandalwood powder and rose water in equal amount and make a paste of it and apply this paste on the affected area of your body and wash it off after the paste dries. Rinse off with cold water and repeat this remedy twice a week.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is immensely used in several home remedies yet is also used to treat prickly heat. Baking soda merely works as a gentle exfoliating agent by removing dirt and impurities from the skin. Baking soda relives the affected part of the body by treating inflammation associated with prickly heat.
- In a cup of cold water add-on teaspoon of baking soda
- Soak a clean washed cloth into the solution of baking soda water and put the washed cloth on the affected area of your body.
- Repeat this remedy for five times a week
5. Margosa Leaves
Margosa leaves are the best thing you can do to treat prickly heat.
- All you need is to grind the handful of neem leaves and make a paste out of it. You can apply this paste on the affected area of your skin and let it dry and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this treatment for at least once a week.