What To Cook Namkeen On This Meethi Eid
Eid-Ul-Fitr undoubtedly is one of the biggest festival celebrated by Muslim communities across the world. Muslim men and women prepare special recipes for Eid to enjoy and serve their guests that include desserts, sweet, and some namkeen dishes.
The anticipating festive season of Eid-ul-Fitr is approaching and the moon is about to sight. All of the Muslims around the world has already started shopping that is on the peak. After observing fast for about 30 days Muslims all around the world celebrate this beautiful and enjoyable festive known as Eid-Ul-Fitr and the most happening thing about Eid is food.
The most important aspect for Muslim families is to eat and treat best foods for the family, friends, and relatives. Families give dawats and dinners to their near and dear ones and the festival remains incomplete without traditional and yummy namkeen recipes that are specially prepared to serve guests. In Pakistan, the celebration of Eid is celebrated with full enthusiasm and they prepare appetizers, main course meal, desserts, and salads for the guests that includes many items and is loved by all.
Since there are many sweet and traditional dishes for Eid such as Sawaiyan, Sheerkhorma, Kheer many people out there think of some namkeen dishes that they could prepare and serve to their guests. On this special occasion, people search for names recipes by cooking chefs and experts. Therefore we have tried to sort the problem and have bought immensely delicious, tasty, and easy to make recipes that will surely help you out in making the best namkeen dishes for this coming Eid. We have gathered the best namkeen recipes by cooking experts that you will love.
Following are some of the unique and mouth-watering dishes you can prepare for your Eid table this year.
Kachori is a namkeen dish that everyone loves. It consists of dough with a filling that is being fried in hot oil. This dish could be a good option if you are thinking of some unique and named dish.
- 1. 800g Plain Flour
- 2. 1&1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3. Room Temp Water As Much Required To Make Dough
- 1. Mince 1kg
- 2. Onion 2 Large (Finely Chopped)
- 3. Salt 1 Tsp
- 4. Crushed Red Chilli 1 Tbs
- 5. Turmeric 1/2 Tsp
- 6. Cumin Powder 1 Tbs
- 7. Coriander Powder 1 Tbs
- 8. Garlic 1 Tbs
- 9. Fresh Coriander Handful
- 10. Oil 3 Tbs
- 1. Plain Flour 3 Tbs
- 2. Clarified Butter 6 Tbs
1. In order to make dough knead a soft dough and it should be soft and pliable. It should not be too sticky or too hard.
2. Now, cover the dough for at least half an hour.
3. After half an hour make small balls of the dough.
1. For filling first heat oil in a frying pan and fry onions until golden brown.
2. Now add spices including salt, turmeric, crushed red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder, and garlic mix them well. Afterward, add mince and cover it and cook until mince is tender then add fresh coriander.
1. For the batter, mix clarified butter along with the flour and make sure that it won’t get too thin and keep it aside.
Method To Cook:
1. For assembling, roll the small ball of the dough and spread a tbsp of batter over it.
2. Roll out ball while folding the one side to half then apply little batter and again fold the other side over it. Make small squares by folding from the sides once from the left and one from the right. Cover it for at least 10 minutes.
3. Now, roll down the little square and place1 tbs filling on the centre eventually by picking up the sides and hold together lengthwise.
4. Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot enough place kachoris and let them cook.
5. Always remember that kachoris are cooked in low flame as you put kachoris in hot oil it eventually floats up when cooked.
6. Drain in a sieve and serve hot.
There is no Eid without kababs, therefore, we have got you the delicious and easy to make chapli kababs. Chapli kabab is a Peshawari dish that is famous all across Pakistan. These kababs are really tasty and are served with raita and chapatti. Chapli kababs are quite flat and big in size rather than other kababs with a tomato piece filled inside it. On this Eid-Ul-Fitr try this unique tasty namkeen dish and enjoy with your dear ones.
- 1. Minced Meat: 1/2 Kg (Fatty And Thin Machine Cut)
- 2. Thinly Sliced Onions: 2 Pcs
- 3. Thinly Sliced Tomatoes: 2 Pcs
- 4. Thinly Chopped Green Chili: 8 To 10 Pcs
- 5. Thinly Chopped Green Coriander: 1/2 Bunch
- 6. Crushed Coriander Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- 7. Crushed White Cumin Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- 8. Pomegranate Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- 9. Maize Flour: 2 Tablespoons (Use 3 Tablespoon If Required)
- 10. Crushed Red Chillies: 1 Tbsp
- 11. Salt: As Per Taste
- 12. Oil Or Fats For Frying
Method To Cook:
1. In a large bowl take mince and add all the ingredients that include (onions, green chillies, green coriander, crushed coriander seeds, crushed white cumin seeds, pomegranate seeds, flour, red chillies, and salt) and mix it well.
2. Make disc-shaped kabab with this batter.
3. Pour oil in a pan and fry chapli kababs and put a slice of tomato in it.
4. Chapli kababs are ready to serve with raita and chutney.
Chicken Makhni Karhai:
Who doesn't love Karhai especially when its makhni? People adore this amazing makhni Karhai that is made with meat and butter. The aroma is amazing and is eaten with naan.
- 1. 400 Grams (14 Ounces) Chicken Thighs Or Breast (Skinless & Boneless)
- 2. 1 Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 3. 2 Tsp. Garlic (Lehsan) (Crushed)
- 4. 2 Tsp. Ginger (Adrak) (Crushed)
- 5. ½ Cup Almonds (Baadaam) (Grounded)
- 6. 1 (225 Gram) (8 Ounce Can) Tomatoes With Juice (Whole Peeled)
- 7. ¼ Tsp. Cinnamon
- 8. ½ Tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 9. 1 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- 10. 1 Tbsp. Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania)
- 11. 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 12. ½ Cup Plain Yogurt
- 13. 3 Tbsp. Butter (Makhan)
METHOD To Cook:
1. Take boneless chicken, cut it into small pieces and put it aside.
2. Take a large saucepan and melt butter in it until it is frothy. Now, add onions and cinnamon and fry it until onions become golden while adding ginger and garlic paste.
3. Afterwards, add spices that includes red chilli, turmeric powder, coriander powder and sauté well on a medium flame.
4. Now, add the cubed boneless chicken and keep it stirring constantly until the chicken turns white.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and almond and mix thoroughly. Cover and let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes until the meat is completely tender. Now add plain yogurt and mix through.
6. Garnish with green chillies and coriander and it is ready to be served.
Yakhni Pulao is everyone’s favourite. What could be a better main course of namkeen item than a Yakhni Pulao? It is one of the popular recipes from Punjab and is enjoyed throughout Pakistan. Yakhni pulao is immensely delicious as the aroma and taste of yakhni is well integrated into the pulao that gives a rich perfect blend. It is commonly made in special occasions and is a dish that everyone loves. This dish is usually served with raita and Shami kababs. To cook yakhni pulao you need basmati rice and it can be made with different types of meat whether chicken, mutton, and even beef. This recipe is simple yet tasty that could be made easily and served on Eid to enjoy food with your loved ones.
- 1. 2 cups Basmati Rice(Soaked In Water For At Least Half An Hour)
- 2. For Yakhni (Stock)
- 3. 1lb Chicken (Cut Into Pieces) Or 1 Lb Mutton (Cut Into Pieces)
- 4. 3 Cups Water
- 5. 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 6. 1⁄2medium Onion(Peeled & Cut In Two Pieces)
- 7. 1⁄2 Teaspoon Clove(Laung)
- 8. 1⁄2 Teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorn(Sabut Kali Mirch)
- 9. 2 Black Cardamom Pods (Bari Elaichi)
- 10. 2 Cinnamon Sticks(Dalchini)
- 11. 1 Bay Leaf (Tez Patta)
- 12. 6 Garlic Cloves (Lehsan)
- 13. 2 Inches Ginger (Adrak)
- 14. 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed (Sukha Dhaniya)
- 15. 1 Pinch Ground Nutmeg(Jaifal)
- 16. 1⁄4 Teaspoon Anise(Javitri)
For Masala (Curry):
- 1. 1⁄4 Cup Oil
- 2. 1⁄4 Medium Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 3. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed(Zeera)
- 4. 1 1⁄2 Teaspoons Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 5. 1⁄2 Medium Tomatoes(Chopped)
- 6. 1⁄2 Cup Yogurt
- 7. 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 8. 1⁄2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 9. 1⁄2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 10. 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 11. 2 Green Cardamoms(Choti Elaichi)
- 12. 1 1⁄2 Teaspoons Ground Aniseed (Saunf)
- 13. 1 Tablespoon Mint Leaf(Chopped)
Method To Cook:
1. Take all the ingredients for yakhni and mix them together. Let it boil on medium heat for at least 20 minutes. When the chicken gets tender, strain the yakhni leaving the chicken in it.
2. Take a pan and heat oil in it add sliced onions and fry it until golden brown. When the onions are fried enough take ¼ out of it and keep it aside.
3. In the pan add spices that includes cumin seeds, ginger and garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, tomatoes, and coriander powder to the remaining fried onions and stir fry it for 3 minutes.
4. Now, add garam masala, yogurt, and green cardamom. Cook it on medium flame until the tomatoes get tender.
5. Afterward, add chick pieces, anise seed, to the masala and simmer it for 2 minutes.
6. Now, it time to add rice and masala to the yakhni prepared and cook it on high heat for five minutes.
7. Sprinkle fried onions and mint leaves and close the saucepan tight while making sure that no steam goes out.
8. Cook on low flame until the rice is done.
9. Serve hot with raita or chutney.
Chicken samosa is one of the best namkeen dishes you can try this eid. Samosa is among most traditional dish eaten all around the world especially in the subcontinent that is made by filling in samosa Patti.
- 1. Boneless Chicken Half Kg (Boiled)
- 2. Onion 1 Large
- 3. Carrots 3 Medium Size Shredded
- 4. Capsicum 2 Medium Size (Cut In Small Pieces)
- 5. Chinese Salt As Per Taste
- 6. Pepper
- 7. Oil For Batter
- 8. Samosa Patti
- 9. Egg Wash For Wrapping
- 10. Vinegar
- 11. Soy Sauce
Method To Cook:
1. First you need to heat oil in a pan and fry onions until golden brown.
2. Add capsicum to fried onions. When the capsicum starts changing the colour add carrot.
3. Add Chinese salt, vinegar, soy sauce and mix it well.
4. Now add chicken and cook it more for about 5 minutes.
5. Take samosa patti and fill the chicken batter in it.
6. Fold samosa patti along with the filling and wrap it using egg wash.
7. Now fry in deep oil and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.