Traditional Dishes On Eid-Ul-Fitr
Eid-Ul-Fitr is almost here and Muslims celebrate it after the holy month of Ramadan. The festival merely means as “The Festival of breaking fast” and its all about wearing new dresses, cooking delicious foods, and what not. As the Eid arrives females make delicious dishes on Eid to celebrate the eve of this festive. Following are some of the traditional Eid dishes you can make and enjoy Eid.
Chicken biryani is something love and adored by everyone. All the food lover knows the importance of biryani and the happiness t brings to their lives. This dish is loved by everyone and can turn into a dish par excellence. Biryani is a dish which is loved by all the people across the world and is made on special traditions. Biryani is rich in the culinary heritage of Pakistan and is preferred in all traditional affairs such as wedding, parties, Eid, get together, and in all celebrations, it is made with some of the spices that are easily available in your kitchen.
There are many spices used in preparing biryani and if you like more aromatic then you can roast the spices before adding it to the chicken. Whether its children, adult, or aged people it always remains the first priority in traditional dishes. Since Eid is almost here and for main course biryani is always the choice of everyone and you can cook it in various innovative ways. Briyani is considered as a royal delicacy that is cooked using a balance of spices and is cooked in low lame that makes chicken pieces more aromatic, juicy, and tender.
- 1. 600 Gm Boiled Basmati Rice
- 2. 4 Tablespoon Minced Mint Leaves
- 3. Salt As Per Taste
- 4. 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 5. 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 6. 2 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 7. 400 Grm Thinly Sliced White Onion
- 8. 8 Green Cardamom
- 9. 1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 10. 6 Tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt
- 11. 1 Kilograms Chicken Thighs
- 12. 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 13. 2 Pinches Saffron
- 14. 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 15. 4 Sliced & Slit Green Chilli
- 16. 320 Gm Chopped Tomato
- 17. 2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 18. 6 Tablespoon Refined Oil
- 19. 1 Teaspoon Powdered Turmeric
- 20. 1 Tablespoon Milk
Method To Cook:
Step 1. First you need to marinate the chicken and then set it aside. For marination in a large bowl pour yogurt, chilli powder, turmeric, and salt. Afterwards, add chicken in the mixture and let it rest for 30 minutes so that the spices are absorbed properly in the chicken. Also, soak saffron in milk and keep it aside.
Step 2. Now in a large pan pour oil and fry cumin seeds and green cardamom in it for about 2 minutes. When the smells start coming out and the cumin starts roasting add sliced onion and fry it for 15 minutes until they are golden brown. When onion changes its color add tomatoes and tomato puree and further fry it for 5 minutes.
Step 3. Now its time to add green chilies, ginger garlic paste, to the mixture and fry it for a minute. Afterwards, add coriander powder and add marinated chicken and fry it on medium flame so that the ingredients absorb the juices properly.
Step 4. Turn the heat flat to medium and cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Keep on stirring the mixture else chicken will get stuck at the bottom and ending up burnt.
Step 5. When the chicken is tender turn off the flame, take boiled rice and make layers while putting half of the quantity of chicken, sprinkle saffron, coriander, and garam masala. Make 3 layers with these three ingredients and rice.
Step 6. Now at last lower the flame and let it simmer for 5 minutes turn off the flame and let it covered for about10 minutes. Serve hot with raita or chutney of your choice.
Chicken Shami Kabab is part of cultural traditional dishes of Pakistan. It is made by blending spices and meat. The mixture is made in a small circle shape and then it is shallow fried in oil. For eid, this could be the perfect fry dish that everyone will love.
- 1. Chicken Breast 1/2 Kg & Chicken Leg Meat 1/2 Kg
- 2. Whole Red Chilli 15
- 3. Onion 1 Large
- 4. Ginger & Garlic Paste 1 Tbsp (Heaped)
- 5. Potato 1 Large
- 6. Salt 1&1/2 Tsp
- 7. Chickpeas 300g (Soaked In Water For 4 Hours)
- 8. Water 2 Cups
- 9. Onion 1 Large (Finely Chopped)
- 10. Green Chilli 8 (Finely Chopped)
- 11. Yogurt 2 Tbs
- 12. Garam Masala Powder 1 Tsp (Heaped)
- 13. Egg 1
Method To Cook:
Step 1. In a large pan pour chicken, salt, whole red chili, chickpeas, onions, ginger and garlic paste, potato, water. Mix it well, cover it and cook on low to medium flame until all of these ingredients gets tender, chicken gets cooked, and the water dries.
Step 2. When the mixture is cooked let it cool completely.
Step 3. Now add all the mixture in the chopper and chop it well.
Step 4. After chopping the mixture transfer it into a bowl and add green chilies, onions, gram masala, coriander, yogurt, mix all these ingredients well and the marination for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 5. Now grease your palms and make kabab shape then freeze it.
Step 6. In a pan heat oil shallow fry till golden on both sides and serve hot.
There is no Eid without sawiyan. This dish is of immense importance for the celebration of Eid and is a meethi dish. In every home sawiyan is a must dish for Eid that is made along with dinner and is made with pure Ghee.
- 1. 1-Gallon Whole Milk
- 2. 1 & 1/2 Cups Pitted Dried Dates
- 3. 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 4. 1/4 Cup Sliced Pistachios
- 5. 1/4 Cup Dried And Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 6. 1 & 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 7. 1 Cup Roasted Vermicelli, Broken Into Small Pieces
- 8. 10 Crushed Cardamom Pods
- 9. 1/4 Cup Yellow Raisins
- 10. 2 Drops Kewra
Method To Cook:
Step 1. In a large pan heat over and boil milk. Add dates in it and let it cook for another 20 minutes while keep on stirring it constantly so that the milk does not stick to the pan.
Step 2. Keep on checking the consistency of milk when milk remains half add almonds, coconut, pistachios, coconut, and sugar.
Step 3. Now, add vermicelli and stir constantly. Let it cook for few minutes and when the milk starts thicken add raisins, cardamom, and only two to three drops of kewra.
Step 4. The dessert is ready to serve.
- 1. Vermicelli: 1 Packet (Make Pieces)
- 2. Milk: 1 Litre
- 3. Sugar: 1 Cup / As Needed
- 4. Dry Dates: 5 To 6 (Sliced)
- 5. Almonds: As Required (Chopped)
- 6. Pistachios: As Required (Chopped)
- 7. Green Cardamoms: 5 To 6
- 8. Crushed Coconut: 2 To 3 Tablespoons
- 9. Oil: 5 To 6 Tablespoons
- 1. Almonds: As Required (Chopped)
- 2. Pistachios: As Required (Chopped)
Method To Cook:
Step 1. For making sheerkhorma firstly soak dry dates into the water for one hour. When they are soft make thin slices of it. On the other hand, also chop almonds and pistachios.
Step 2. Now, boil milk in a saucepan when it gets boiled add sugar, green cardamoms and let it cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
Step 3. Afterward, in another pan heat oil and crackle cardamoms. Also, add pistachios, almonds, dry dates, until they are golden fry. Now its time to add vermicelli and fry for 5 to 7 minutes add crushed coconut and keep on stirring it.
Step 4. Sheerkhorma is ready to be served.
Haleem is everyone’s favourite and is cooked for special occasions. This dish requires a lot of efforts and pulses. Haleem is indeed tasty and is served with fried onions, ginger, lemons, green chillies, and coriander.
- 1. 350g Skinless Chicken
- 2. 200g Wheat (Whole, Crushed, And Soaked In Water For 1 & 1/2 Hour)
- 3. 1⁄3 Cup Yellow Split Lentils (Soaked And Boiled)
- 4. 3 Medium Onions(Thinly Sliced)
- 5. 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 6. 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 7. 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 8. 2 Tablespoons Red Chili Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- 9. 1 & 1⁄2 Tablespoons Coriander Powder(Pisa Dhania)
- 10. 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 11. Salt (To Taste)
- 12. 1⁄4 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 13. 5 Tablespoons Oil
- 14. 1 Bunch Fresh Mint Leaves (Podina, Finely Chopped)
- 15. 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves(Hara Dhania, Finely Chopped)
- 16. 8 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch, Finely Chopped, To Taste)
- 17. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed(Sufaid Zeera, Roasted, And Ground)
- 18. 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 19. 2 Medium Size Pieces Ginger root (Adrak)
- 20. 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 21. 4 Lemons (Nimbu, Cut In Quarters)
Method To Cook:
Step 1. In order to make haleem heat oil in a pan add spices that include garlic, red chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt. Now let it cook on medium flame.
Step 2. Afterward, take a separate pan and boil wheat grains with water and salt. When the grain becomes tender, add a pinch of soda and let it cook for 30 minutes.
Step 3. Now, add wheat grains along with meat and mix well keep on stirring so that both are mixed properly. Afterward, grind lentils using a food processor and make a thick paste.
Step 4. Now, pour the lentil thick paste into the meat and wheat mixture while mixing it well and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
Step 5. Haleem is ready to serve. Serve hot along with fried onions, coriander, lemon, and garlic.